Date of Last Update: 14/06/2017
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the joint data controller is:
Armina Fernandi Limited (a company registered in England and Wales with company number 02035190018 whose registered office is located at Kemp House, 152 City Road, London EC1V 2NX).
1. Information We Collect
- We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it at one of our counters, stores, on our site, our social media platforms, our social networking or mobile applications, or at one of our events. When you visit this site, our social media platforms, or social networking or mobile applications, we may also collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
- You may also choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site, at our counters or in our stores.
- The types of personal information we may collect from you and which you may provide to us includes: contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number); age and date of birth; gender; username and password; payment information (such as your payment card number, expiry date, delivery address, and billing address); your online and in-store purchase history; product preferences; your physical characteristics and skincare concerns; photographs that you ask us to take; contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact; and content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles and comments).
- Information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you visit our social media platforms or use one of our social networking or mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications).
2. How We Use The Information
- We may use the information you provide to send you promotional materials or other communications; provide services to you; process your payment and/or gift card transactions; create and manage your online account (including access to your online and in-store purchase history); respond to your enquiries; communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, prize promotions, programmes, surveys and other offers; operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications; operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analysing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions); and comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you can indicate this on the relevant form on which we collect your data.
3. Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site or our online advertisements, or use one of our social networking or mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. Information may include (i) technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone settings, language settings, domain, operating system, platform or other system settings, and (ii) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
4. Technologies We Use
- In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
- To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called "web beacons". These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
- Third Party Web Analytics Services. We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social media platforms, or our social networking or mobile applications, such as Facebook Pixel, Visual Website Optimizer and Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons (over which we have no control) to help us analyse how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. To disable cookies, some browsers indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis.
5. How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site to deliver personalised content, for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you've visited us before or are new to the site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
6. Information We Share
- We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Third party service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that: process credit card payments; fulfil orders; provide web hosting and marketing services; and provide data cleansing and analytics services (should you wish to opt out of these third party sharing arrangements in the future, you simply need to opt out of e-mail and SMS communications from us); and
- Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those applications with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
- In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
7. Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
8. Email and SMS Opt-Out
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications (i) by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or (ii) by SMS by following the “STOP” instructions provided with the message.
9. Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us as indicated below.
10. Social Networking Application Opt-Out
To remove or delete our apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network: Facebook: Click Here.
11. Geo-Location Information through Mobile Applications
When you use one of our mobile applications, you may be asked for your geo-location. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device's location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
12. Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will consider your request and, as required by applicable law, apply your preferences going forward, within a reasonable amount of time. Even where you withdraw your consent, we may still process your personal data for limited purposes, for example, to give effect to your request, or to safeguard our business. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
13. Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com.
14. Data Transfers
15. How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
16. Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites' content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Store custom user preferences and personalisation data
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Send information to other websites so that advertising is more relevant to you
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
19. How To Contact Us and Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
21. Law, Jurisdiction And Language
This Site, any content contained herein and any contracts entered into as a result of usage of this Site are governed by English law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.